Sunday, September 13, 2009

Joshua As A Baby

After reading Danielle Steel's His Bright Light, I stand amazed at how another son who took his life started life so like my Joshua.

Josh was born November 27, 1978 to a family of four. He had the most beautiful coal black eyes and hair. The first time the nurse brought him to me, I held him up to meet him face to face. His eyes drank in every part of me, and if it were possible, even my soul. As our eyes locked, I said, "Hi, son," over and over again. I fell so in love with this long awaited child. And I pushed the doctor for us to go home at the twenty-four hour mark to join our little guy to the family. The doctor agreed.

We had three boy names we liked, and we scrambled as a family to decide on one. When my husband asked me which do we choose, I couldn't come to a decision. I would have named him Jacob Joshua Joseph, but that would have seemed too much. So, I said, "you and the kids choose his name."

Jim went out into the hall to our waiting children, Jami and Jason, and they decided upon Joshua. When Jim came back to tell me, I was pleased! When I asked about a middle name, Jim said, "The name Joshua is good, all by itself."

So, we signed the papers and made it legal, and we took our baby home.

Until next time . . .


2 comments:

  1. Hey Jean Ann,
    Thanks for the invitation to read your blog. You're doing good work here, & as you note, hard work. The lyrical feel runs throughout - it seems particularly strong at the very end of your first post.
    I'm with you on the idea that words can heal & I'm grateful for the healing this blog is bringing & will bring.
    All the best,
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Charlie, for the feedback.

    Jean Ann

    ReplyDelete