Sunday, June 23, 2013

Psalm 55:17~He Shall Hear My Voice


Photo by Jean Ann Williams


Dear readers,

King David writes:

"Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice."

When we're steeped in sorrow, or anger or discouragement, do we always think to cry aloud to the Lord? I sure don't, but since my son died by suicide, I'm getting better at not wasting time.

I've learned to jump in with both feet. By that, I mean, shrug off whatever troubles me to One that has the power to help. I might do it up big time, like sobs and lots of noises. Or in soft tones of notes, singing my sorrows to God.

God loves for us to need Him. He loves for us to not hide from Him. He already knows every thought of ours anyway. When we are honest, truly honest about ourselves, we can see our sincere need for Him. Then, He can show us more about our short comings. When we've said all we needed to say, peace follows, please believe me, dear readers.

I've listened to people who have said, "I don't know if God hears me."

That last part of the verse says it, and God's holy Word is true: ". . . he shall hear my voice." How? David prayed and cried aloud three times a day.

Let's take King David's example and do the same. Not only will we be real and more right with God than ever before, but it will propel our relationship toward God to a higher level.

Holy Father, thank You for always hearing me. Please help my readers to know more about You, and help me to continue to trust You better. Bless our week. In Jesus' holy name, I ask. Amen.

Until next time . . . let's be honest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment