Monday, July 22, 2013

Psalm 77:6~My Song in the Night


Photo by Jean Ann Williams


Dear readers,

The Psalmist writes:

"I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine own heart: and my spirit made diligent search."

How many of us take time to contemplate where we are spiritually?

Are we right with God? In all honesty, do we strive each day to please our Lord? How can we do better to serve Lord God?

If we never stop and search our hearts, we will not see where we fall short to honor God. Our eyes will not open to changes needed.

We can also take this verse as it most likely means and count our blessings. Let our song of joy be known unto our Father. Be grateful for the little moments of God's favor in our lives. Be glad for the huge ones, like Jesus giving his life to take away our sins so we may have eternal life.

I'm still sad that my son died by suicide. Though, life is not the same now, I've learned how to see the small and huge blessings God has given to me and my family.

Because of my loss, my writing has evolved into deeper layers in search of truth. Life is hard. I desire to give encouragement to others as they suffer under difficult circumstances no matter what they may be.

Farm life here with the animals I care for can be harsh, also. Animals die. The wild critters prey on my chickens and chicks. Some die from old age. I've buried a few birds and I'm always sad for the loss.

Some of our goats are raised for meat. Butchering is never easy. Our animals give us meat, eggs and milk, and I'm grateful for their service to us.

I hope my service to Lord God pleases Him more often than grieves Him, as I commune with mine own heart. It is a sacrifice to not put myself first and that takes diligent work.

Holy Father, thank You for giving me the blessings to lightened my burdens. Thank You for giving us Your Son Jesus and we can call Him Friend. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Until next time . . . remember your song.


No comments:

Post a Comment