Sunday, March 17, 2013

Psalm 32:7~Thou Art My Hiding Place



Tide Pools, by Jean Ann Williams    








Good morning, dear readers.

I've missed the weekly Psalm verses. Having guests on my blog has been an enriching experience I hope for all.

The Psalmist writes:

"Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah." (KJV)


Has God at all times been my hiding place? Yes, but I had to acknowledge that I needed Him. God is always ready and waiting to hide me within His presence. But I do not always take advantage of this gift. Then, I falter and become confused and drift about like a wave tossed in the wind.

I'm wandering scared before the Almighty!

I get into trouble, because I did not hide within His holiness. And so, there are no songs in me to sing.

When I choose to ask for God's help, then all that the verse says flows until I break out in song. Oh, maybe not really singing always, but thoughts of joy because of God's protection over me. And other times, yes, I am singing. I sing songs I learned in worship. Or I make up my own, which are truly the most freeing of songs.

I am truly happy in the Lord.

What about you, dear readers? Give it a try and see what I mean about the blessings stated in Psalm 32:7. Even at our grumpiest moments, we can determine to turn our mood around and experience the blessings of our holy God.

Dear heavenly Father, thank You for giving us the Bible, Your Word, to know more about You. We shall never be truly joyful without You. In Jesus' holy name. Amen.

Until next time . . . hide under God's spiritual presence.


No comments:

Post a Comment