Monday, March 25, 2013

Psalm 33:8~Stand In Awe Of Him



Joshua at age fourteen


Good morning, dear readers,

The Psalmist writes this:

 "Let all the earth fear the Lord: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him."

People may wonder what it means by the word fear here. If I understand it, we are to fear-respect God and fear-tremble before our God. Why? Because He created us. He created the ground we walk upon. The waters we swim in. The stars we look upon. Without God's creation . . . well, we wouldn't be in existence.

This is why the above verse says it all about our position before Lord God. This is also why when we are going through the smallest or harshest of trials and struggles, we are free to call out to God. Actually, we must call out to God. Unlike what too many church societies would tell you, we must lament before our Lord. We must be honest that we hurt. And that my friends, may take a very long while.

God wants us to NEED Him.

To need God is to share all with God. It's somewhat like a marriage. What if I didn't need my husband or he did not need me? There would not be that holy bond we can have together if we were independent of one another. That doesn't mean we are not each one held accountable for our own spiritual growth with God, but as one together, my husband and I can have joy because we need each other.

When our son died by suicide, my husband and I drew closer together.

At the same time we did that, we each drew closer to God like clinging children. Frightened and horrified by our loss, we needed God like never before. Even though, we suffered in such harsh lamenting that we could not feel God's presence, we hung on  to the promise that God can not lie. He said in Hebrews 13:5: "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (KJV)

I love that promise. We'd have to be the one to walk away from Him, but He cannot leave us, dear readers.

Father, holy One, thank You for helping us to understand more of You. We love You! We need You! In Jesus' holy name. Amen.

Until next time . . . cry out unto the Lord for He longs to hear your needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment