Friday, March 29, 2013

Psalm 34:4~Delivered Me From All My Fears




                                                                                ~Photo by Jean Ann Williams


Dear readers,

King David says this:

"I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

Do you think it is possible that the Lord can really take away our fears? That we will no longer be enslaved to fearfulness?

The truth is that He can and He has for me. When we go through various trials, ones that are high on the scale enough to create sorrow, we have two choices: believe God will help and watch Him in action or go on our own and fulfill our fleshy desires in a wasted unholy path.

I've said this before: one of my greatest weaknesses was fear. It still could be if I let Satan take charge.

God decided we should stay in our house four years longer after Joshua died there. That was my second greatest sorrow, but one of the rewards is I no longer quake in unholy fearfu. It was a long process though, and it took years to truly embrace a relationship of trust with Lord God.

Now days, if a first reaction of fear grips my heart, like one of my remaining children becomes sick, I pause. I'll pay attention to my breathing in and my breathing out. I know Satan has tempted me to not trust God.

Instead of trembling and freaking out, I latch onto God's promises that I no longer have to fear and pray to Him for to heal my child. This doesn't mean He will choose to heal my child, but I know without a doubt God can. The most important part is, I'm pleasing God by placing my faith in Him.

I tell people now, "Turn your fears into prayers of faith."

Fear is a waste of time, when we could be praying, praying.

How about you, dear reader? Have you had experiences where God took you through the trials and showed you how to trust in Him more fully?

I would love to hear from you.

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your loving kindness and mercies each day. We know that You created us, and You enjoy the faith we carry in our hearts for You. In Jesus' holy name, I come before you. Amen.

Until next time . . . Trust the Lord God and all His Greatness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment