Monday, April 15, 2013

Psalm 40:5~Thy Wonderful Works







Hog Creek at left, flowing into Rogue River in Southern Oregon


Good morning, dear readers,

David writes this:

"Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered."

Isn't this a most amazing declaration from David? After all the sorrows, trials, and sufferings by his own hand and by the acts of others, he could still praise God and speak a truth too often hidden by the world. God's wonderful works and His thoughts toward us are so many, they can not be numbered.

Now you math whizzes will find this even more mind boggling than the rest of us who don't "get" numbers. Even I am trying to imagine how awesome is our God, but honestly, we won't understand until we see God in Heaven.

For now, this can bring us great peace and hope, can't it? If you're having a grouchy day, like I am having today, this can sooth our hearts like Castor oil on sore feet.

I don't know what your grouchy time might look like, but if I stop long enough and take a deep breath, I can see that God is bigger, smarter, more lovable than anyone on earth.

That makes me smile, even if just a tad on my cranky day. :)

So to begin our week, let's remember the above verse and stretch our hearts to include God in our hard or good day, no matter what it may be.

Dear holy Father, please be with us, Your often sick at heart children, and teach us to reach out to You first and not another. In Jesus' holy name. Amen.

Until next time . . . remember Lord God first.

No comments:

Post a Comment