Friday, April 5, 2013

Psalm 37:1~Fret Not Thyself



Me and brother Eric who was like my baby boy (5-8-1968 to 2-24-2008)


Dear readers,

King David wrote:

"Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity."

Have you ever worried when you've came across evildoers? You know, people that are against you? I have too many times to count, as a matter of fact, I'm so guilty of fretting, I just know that will be a judgement against me as I go before the Lord. I hate it when folks are mean. It hurts. It tears at my heart.

I'm a work-in-progress to let it go and let God do the battle that wages in my heart from the hurt.

It especially hurts when it's someone you are close to, but David says, "Fret not thyself because of evildoers." Amen. No more discussion.

I love it that some people are gifted with letting the pain of an evil deed roll off their backs like water off a duck's. I long to live by their example. I believe it shows they are mature in the Lord.

Having lost my son to suicide, I must admit this kind of fretting that David talks about has lessened somewhat for me. I've learned to let it go, just a bit, because I've got enough trouble just coping and giving my sorrow of Joshua's death to Lord God.

I tell myself, "For today, I will let backstabbing or whatever has happened by another person, be God's concern. He will deal with my trouble for me much better than I.

Have you noticed that too many folks can't say, and mean it, "I'm sorry?"

Why is that, I wonder.

God says that love covers a multitude of sins (I Peter 4:8) and to say, "I'm sorry," and mean it, takes love.

Father, please help me to let You handle the battles of the unkindness of others. It is not my business to fret myself against evildoers. Thank You for showing us the way to truth. In Jesus' holy name. Amen.

Until next time . . . fret not!


No comments:

Post a Comment