Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday, July 27th~God's Mercies after Suicide: Blessings Woven through a Mother's Heart~The Morning after Joshua's Burial~Devotion



Joshua and best friend Dana, high school age


But the Spirit entered into me and set me on my feet, and he spoke with me and said to me, “Go, shut yourself within your house.”
—Ezekiel 3:24

That morning after we buried Joshua’s ashes, I walked into the living room after waking.

Something was different within me. Lighter. My shoulders. It seemed a boulder had rolled off of them. And as I looked around, scales dropped from my eyes. I came closer to an end table and swiped my fingers across the dust. I said out loud, “I can’t believe all this dust.”

I thought a moment and shook my head. I had not remembered to dust in a year. Too preoccupied with my grief work, I didn’t think of it. Dusting was not important that whole year.

It was then I remembered again what the Compassionate Friends lady said to me at the park that day all those months ago.

“Jean, plow through the middle of your grief. Do not turn left or right or it will take much longer to come out the other side. If you’re not careful, you could become lost. And when you successfully come out the other end, you’ll have more compassion for others.”

I obeyed that kind lady.

I would have never made it without the kindness of others, all of them sent to me by You, Lord, at Your perfect hour. In Jesus’s holy name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment