Friday, May 1, 2015

God's Mrecies after Suicide: Blessings Woven through a Mother's Heart~Easter Day~A Mother's Memories



Church Building Where We Worshipped When Joshua Was Baptized


Fifteen-year-old Joshua walked into the laundry room. “Mom, I need to be baptized.”
     
I swung round to face him, my arms full of unfolded clothes. “Really, Son? Do you want Preacher Van Wormer to baptize you?”
     
He nodded. “Yep, that’s what I want.”
     
I dropped my clothes in the clean basket. “Do you understand why you need to be baptized?”
     
“Yeah. Our Bible teacher’s been teaching us about the importance of baptism.”
     
Hugging my son, I said, “I’m so glad for this day, Joshua. You are indeed grown-up.”
     
He stepped back and leaned against the dryer. “Would you call the preacher for me?”
     
“Sure. When do you want to do this?”
     
Joshua pressed his lips together in thought. “How about I be baptized on Easter Sunday? That’s only a couple of days away.”
     
I called the preacher, and it became a date for Joshua and our family. I became much relieved, not sure how Joshua was handling the diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. Joshua had become a quiet teen, and I prayed for him daily. I was certain that one day Joshua would allow God to be his greatest courage, even though ankylosing spondylitis would take his physical strength from him.
     
Just as planned, Joshua became a Christian on Easter Day. That marked one of the happiest days for our youngest child and his family.

Thank You, Lord, for bringing my youngest child to Your Son, Jesus Christ. In His holy name, I am grateful. Amen.
Reader Journal
~Your Mother Memories~
~Your Prayer of Praise~
~A Scripture of Encouragement~

No comments:

Post a Comment