Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Psalm 25:21/For I Wait on Thee



DoeWheat the goat in her treehouse


Good morning, dear readers,

King David finishes up this chapter by writing, "Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee."

What do we think this means? Could it mean if we wait on the Lord, we will gain integrity and uprightness?

I know all too well how hard, ugly and horrible it can be to wait for the Lord. I had this worst attitude when I waited on the Lord to move me out of the house where my son died by suicide. I HATED that house.

I understood a bit of what a jail sentence felt like. I stood behind bars, until God broke me. Once I gave in, once I truly waited with a repentant heart, with a trusting heart, God let me free. The house sold. I could go free.

Now, wait a minute, there is so much more to this story. It doesn't end just because I no longer live in that house. I must share the good news of Christ, the love of God for I am not the same. I am renewed, pruned and ready to shout it out to the world how merciful is my God.

You must be wondering just how awful was I when I waited impatiently? Pretty awful. I cursed my life. I hated my surroundings. I broke down emotionally. I thought God could never use such a wasted person as I had become. I had no joy for months. I barely hung on by my heartstrings. I still loved God. I still needed God. I also knew that God could do whatever He chose to mold me into a person that will glorify Him day and night.

I was a tough nut to crack, that's for sure.

I'm here today to say, I'm glad God cracked me open. I'm glad I suffered to the point of wanting to die. Now, then, God can use me for His glory.

What will it take for God to break you? Have you lost enough, yet? Or are you already broken? God will continue to pound, refine before the fire, until you are totally His. What then?

He can use you, now. It doesn't mean we have arrived and know all things of God, because we do not. We will never arrive until we reach heaven.

Father, please, continue to discipline us, Your children. For You love us even more than an earthly father loves his own children and gives them instruction and discipline. In Jesus' holy name, I ask. Amen.

 Until next time . . . Look, watch, listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment