Thursday, February 21, 2013

Psalm 30:11/Girded Me With Gladness






Granddaughter, Carley, basking in the light


Good morning, dear readers,

The Psalmist says:

"Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing; thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness."

Is this possible, you may be wondering. Yes, even if at the moment you've forgotten how to smile or to feel lighthearted. Whether it's loss of loved ones, or other types of losses, you aren't able to stir up feelings of gladness.

There is a time for every season.This season will lessen in time. Trust in God, dear readers, and know His Spirit watches over you. He knows how much you can endure. I tried to remember this, but too often I failed. I didn't recognize who I was anymore, and I understood God does not lie.

In the early years after my son died by suicide, I wondered daily how I could take another step in such agony. I felt myself disappearing. I imagined my face far older than my years. I knew my heart would hardened so that no one would recognized me anymore.

These things did not happen, though. Oh, sure, I aged from my loss of Joshua, but my heart is more giving today, than it was ten years ago. God made that possible by holding my hand through the toughest years of my life.

So, you see, God did turn my mourning into dancing ( I've danced with my teenage granddaughters and laughed so hard tears flowed). He threw off my heavy coat of deep sorrow and wrapped me in His glad joy.

What about you, dear readers? Please let me know how you are doing.

Dear Father, thank You for Your tender care through my early grieving years. Thank You, for sending friends and even strangers to lighten my sorrow load. In Jesus' holy name. Amen.

Until next time . . . hold God's hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment