Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Psalm 30:2/Thou Hast Healed Me







Flowers from Jean's front yard


Good morning, dear readers,

The Psalmist writes:

"Oh Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me."

I can't say this enough that God hears our cries. When He hears our cries, we feel relief He is listening, and we grow in faith at that moment. Our true, spiritual faith always comes from Lord God. That is the kind of healing that counts the most.

We can muster up a faith that is from us, but it would work against us in extreme trials. That kind of faith comes from our own strength. And honesty, it's our idol.

Like the kind of faith I still had harboring within me after Joshua died by suicide. I had God's faith, but I also harboured some of my own faith and when I could not stand under the weight of sorrow another moment, I snapped like a dry twig. I could no longer walk around with MY faith. I came to the end of myself and allowed God to strip that idol from me. His strength and His faith began to fill in the gaps in my spirit.

For me, life on this earth does not get any richer than this, dear readers.

Oh, sure, we have trials. We suffer. Our bodies become ill or damaged, and we have to truck around a body that doesn't work as good anymore. This is normal life on earth. Even Apostle Paul had, a thorn in the flesh, as he worded it (2 Corinthians 12:7).

What is your thorn in the flesh?

My thorn in the flesh is missing my child. You know that hole you get in your heart that was once filled by someone who used to live here. I have other problems directly related to the loss of my son, but those are tiny in comparison to missing Joshua's hug. Or hearing him speak. Seeing him smile and hearing his laugh. I would love to watch Joshua playing baseball again or standing on the ocean waves with a surf board underneath his feet.

Back to faith, what is in our hearts and drives our spirits will either bring us holy joy or hatred. What will you choose, dear reader? It takes habit, but you and I can change and keep on changing in order to bless Lord God and give Him due honor and glory.

First, though, me must accept Jesus Christ as our Savior and all that follows.

Father, bring others to come alongside us and help us grow in Your Kingdom. We love You. In Jesus' holy name. Amen.

Until next time . . . Seek first the Kingdom of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment