Monday, February 4, 2013

Psalm 25:8/Good and Upright is the Lord





Larkie, the miniature Nubian goat


Good morning, dear readers,

King David continues:

"Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners in the way."

I love this verse. If I'm understanding, God does not want to give up on us. He teaches what is righteous, needed, truthful and how we are to love. I can't imagine not having this God in my life. I would be and would feel dead, a walking dead person. Dead in my sins. Dead in my spirit. No hope for heaven. We NEED God, dear readers.

When my son died and that compounded by suicide, and compound that again to him dying in my arms, I felt another kind of dead inside. Then, Satan tempted me just minutes after Joshua died and I ran stumbling in my heart to Jesus. I knew I wanted to keep Jesus in my life even in such a horrific loss as losing my youngest child. I could not and would not blame God.

I needed God to walk the path of loss with me.

What is it that you are walking through at the moment? Do you have Jesus as your Savior? If not, you will perish. You will have a need that cannot be met until you reach out to God and take Jesus into your heart and do all that follows.

Even if we have a fine family. Even if we have plenty of money. Even if we have a perfect job with loads of friends, we are as good as dead without Jesus in our life. We are spiritually dead and will not live in Heaven with our Lord.

If my words today create more questions, please leave a comment and we can talk. Someone reached out and told me about Jesus, I want to do the same for anyone who may be reading this today.

Father God, please hear my prayer. Hear my dear readers' prayer for mercy to come into their lives. So many of us are hurting and You hear. In Jesus' holy name, I ask. Amen.

Until next time . . . study God's Word.


No comments:

Post a Comment