Friday, February 1, 2013

Psalm 25:7/Remember Not the Sins of My Youth



Joshua age nine in Little League



Good morning dear readers,

King David writes:

"Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O Lord."

I like this verse, especially the first part. Some of us have a past we're not overjoyed with. Or something we did or didn't do that brings us shame when we think of it.

The good news? When we become a child of God, when we decide to have a relationship with Jesus and do all that He requires in becoming a new spiritual person, God forgives and forgets our past sins.

David wrote about what God could do then and for us today.

That brings me to the question, can one go to heaven if that person dies by suicide? Can they be somehow forgiven if they've died by suicide in their youth?

Dear readers, I don't know.

Yes, I've read all the fine words of how God will forgive that act. I've listened to comforting friends and family say the same. The bottom line? We just don't know. We do know that if God is willing to forgive that dear one that took their own life, they would have to have been a Christian.

My son Joshua became a Christian, buried with Christ by immersion in water at the age of fifteen. Because Joshua believed a lie so powerful, that he took his life and he was but a youth (emotionally he never grew up), I believe he may be in Paradise where he sleeps and awaits the coming of Jesus.

I'll never know for sure on this side of Heaven. That's between Lord God and Joshua.

What is between God and us? Are we searching and seeking in forward motion the Lord with all our hearts?

Let's not believe Satan's lies. God can and will meet us right where we are in: grief, sickness, divorce, troubled children, loss of relationships. Picture this. God opens His whole Being to us, waiting for us to crawl, walk or run to Him.

Dear Father, please help us to seek You. We are weak. You are strong. We need Your strength to walk through each of our days. In Jesus' holy name, I pray. Amen.

Until next time . . . read the Word to seek.



No comments:

Post a Comment