Monday, February 11, 2013

Psalm 29:11/Bless His People With Peace



Klamath River near Happy Camp in Northern California



Dear readers,

King David writes:

"The Lord will give strength unto this people; the Lord will bless his people with peace."

The Lord can give us His strength and then bless us with His peace, not the world's strength or peace. What is our part in this? Become His people.

It is that simple, but pride gets in our way time and again, and we hold back. We say, "I don't need God. He made me with a brain. I can do this."

Yes, God indeed gave us a brain. He gave us a wonderful vehicle of a body to move around in. What happens though, when these are taken from us to some degree? What happens when we lose a child, even the loss of suicide? We lose our courage for a time and are forever changed.

This is when God can do His best work. He will give us His strength, and then His peace comes.

Look at the last part of the sentence: bless his people.

Dear readers, we have to be His people for any of the blessings to begin.

I believe with all my heart, and scripture backs this up (read the gospel of John) that the only reason why God never left me when my son died by suicide, is because I already accepted Him and became His child. I had given myself to Him in my heart and was baptized to wash away my sins. That act happened forty years ago.

And even though I had this relationship with God already in place, I almost didn't make it. So, you see, we need the Lord. We never know when tragedy will hit and tear apart what we once knew as "normal life" with its normal ups and downs.

Open your arms and embrace our Lord. He loves us so much, more than we can imagine.

Dear Father, please help us to learn more about You. Give us Your strength and Your peace. In Jesus' holy name. Amen.

Until next time . . . Receive Christ and live.

No comments:

Post a Comment