Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Psalm 25:5/Lead Me In Thy Truth






Spencer Goodwin & Joshua after senior graduation



Good morning, dear readers,

King David writes:

"Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day."

How many of us feel we've done way too much, "on thee do I wait all the day"?

We've waited, and waited, and waited for God to do something? To change our circumstances? I know all too well that state of being. I thought I would go insane for the wait, for I was not strong in the patience department.

God took me to the edge and, before I fell, He caught me and changed my situation. Therefore, I grew into a stronger believer of Him.

After Joshua died, we had to live in the house where he died four more years. I'm serious when I say, I almost didn't make it.

Looking back, though, God wouldn't have allowed me to perish. God loves me. He knew all along for the most part I wanted to please Him. He saw that. He honored that, but He wanted more from me and for me.

In your unique situation are you lamenting about how much longer this will go on? Please dear reader, know God is waiting to catch you as you fall.

Do you know why it has to come to this?

Because, we don't need God enough. God wants us to depend upon Him for everything. Honest. Read the Bible and find verses where God says He's a jealous God, and He will have no other gods to be in competition with.

He said it.

He means it.

We best believe it.

The first part of the verse above is a good start. We need to ask God to teach us. Can you say that in a prayer to God?

Father God, holy One, creator of heaven and earth, we long to know You better. Help us to reach for Your Word, the Bible, and read what it is You want to teach us. In Jesus' holy name, I ask. Amen.

Until next time . . . read God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment