Monday, December 24, 2012

Psalm 11:1/Flee as a Bird




                                        Joshua age seven


Good morning, dear readers,

I don't know about you, but I've been in sorrow. All the encouragement that I have given to you, I applied to myself. It's a struggle, but God is merciful to me and has won my heart once again.

I don't believe I'll ever feel anything but an empty spot during Christmas. My youngest son is gone, and that's the fact of it. It's harsh. It's hard. Even in all that, God calls to me to rest.

King David, says this about his troubles:

In the Lord put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?

David knows what the Lord will do for him: give him refuge.

We've looked at verses before about trusting in Lord God. Now we see David is asking God, how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?

Do you wonder if David is asking if it is so simple? I'm figuring this is just what David means. Everything about God is simple. It is humans that make things hard.

This is exactly what I did these last few days. I flew as a bird to God's mountain where I am safe, and loved and warm. He is like a salve to my wound of loss, but as a wound my loss needs constant attention by the holy Father.

I hope God will bring you solace in your time of longing for one that is no longer upon the earth. It is my prayer:

Dear holy Father, please help us as we go through our holidays without our dear ones. Please show us how to keep our eyes upon Jesus. Give us Your rest. In Jesus' holy name I pray. Amen.

Until next time . . . rest in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment