Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Psalms 142:4,7



The first post of the Psalms was a bit long as an introductory. From now on the others will be treated as devotional style posts. Think of them as itty bitty bites of comfort that may help you through your day.

 From King David:
4. I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me; refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. 7. Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me. Psalm 142: 4,7


Is this how you feel? No man or woman knows you or understands the pain you feel over the loss of your child? Truly no one can perfectly understand how you feel over your loss. There is only One who can and does, and that's the Lord.

The verses between four and seven are of David pleading with Lord, God, and God heard and rewarded him. It is important to turn to God first, and then humans with listening ears will come as our reward. For only God can comfort us as we need.

My prayer for today:
Father, I ask that you help us parents of loss who grieve over our child. Please allow us to sense Your presence, and thank You for that a head of time. In Jesus name. Amen.

Until next time . . . open your arms to Jesus' love.




No comments:

Post a Comment