Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Psalm 14:2/Down From Heaven





Our family's Christian rock band during the early 1990's. Joshua is playing the tambourine, and worked up to bass guitar. Our children are dressed in blue.


Dear readers,

King David says this:

The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

Oh, my, I absolutely love what David wrote here. Picture it, God our Lord, peers from heaven. His eyes sweep across the lowly earth. His Spirit searches and searches among us humans to see who of us understand and seek Him.

Even in my sorrow and longing for my son, I want to always seek God. Sometimes my groaning and muddled mind is in such grief, I feel I am leaving my relationship with God behind. But, am I? If my doubled over with sorrow doesn't leave God out, how can it be that I am neglecting my Lord? And how, you may ask, do I do that?

When the tears flow and I am sad, not only do I think of Joshua, but I ponder upon the deep things of God. He watched His Son die. He knew intense sorrow. Mary watched her Son die, she suffered as I.

I stumble through my hours of sadness between praising God and my heart wrenching in my chest.

Then, a new day brings new hope. I am cleansed and fully ready for whatever comes next. A new beginning to put aside my sorrowing and to live the life God  has given to me. One moment at a time.

I challenge us to memorize this verse. This is what God is doing, dear readers, as He watches us from on High, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

Here is my prayer for us today:

Help us Lord to understand and seek You each day of our lives. Thank You for loving us, so that You allowed a baby born and a Son to die for our sins. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment