Friday, December 28, 2012

Psalm 16:8/I Shall Not Be Moved





                                             Joshua's eleventh birthday & friend of family


Dear readers,

King David writes this:

I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

We have talked about keeping our eyes upon the Lord, and here it is. Now let's look at I shall not be moved.

Just because we are in deep heart wrenching sorrow, does not mean we are not close to God. At first when I was in mourning, I thought I had no faith and God had left me. I couldn't have been farther from the truth. You see, we think our negative feelings have pushed God out, but they do not. Being gut-wrenched by death, doesn't mean we've left God out.

What it means is that we are made in the image of God and God too sorrows. How we sorrow and what we allow God to do in shaping us through our sorrow is what counts. Not the negative, ugly feelings we have when we suffer loss. We're in a pit of despair, and God reaches out to us and even uses us to further His Kingdom when we're there.

I sought opportunities to help others even in my sorrowing. It  helped them. It helped me to feel more normal. And I didn't want to stop being about the work Father God gave me to do, so small a thing that it might have been. One act of kindness. One thoughtful smile. That's all I could muster at best, but muster I did.

My prayer for us today:

Holy Father, thank you for seeing our simplest needs. In Jesus' holy name. Amen.

Until next time . . . See Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment