Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Psalm 145:9/Tender Mercies


                                              Joshua Asleep in Parent's Bed

Dear Reader,

Listen to what David says about Lord God: The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

Isn't that comforting?


Let's focus on tender mercies. When my son Joshua died by suicide, I could NOT see any tender mercies. Within the first half hour after he took his life, I was at first shocked, angry, and then breaking into a zillion pieces. Once that initial moment of the horror and reality of what my son had done moved into the first stages of grief, God protected my mind of what this would fully mean: Life without Joshua.

God gave me tender mercies.

God created your spirit and my spirit in a way that we can manage only so much reality, tears, and sleepless nights.

If that were not true, I would have perished along with my son. To have witnessed Joshua's death, and still be here today, is proof God's tender mercies are over all his works.

I am His works, am I not? You are His works, are you not?

Please believe that God loves us, more than we'll ever comprehend in this life. That's right, for this knowledge is saved for us in our Heaven life.

Your situation of grief is very harsh, but God is bigger than very harsh.

Thank you, Father, that you are able to help us in our sorrows, especially the sorrows that are more than we can bear alone. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Until next time . . . look deeper for a blessing even in your loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment