Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Psalm 143:8/Cause Me To Hear




                       Joshua & his dad at the Grand Canyon


As grieving parents, are our ears stopped up today? Have they been for awhile?

My hearing becomes stuffed full of cotton more times than I care to admit. I don't see God working in my life. I don't sense Him in the moments when life almost chokes out my trust in God.

Look at what David wrote: Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee. Psalm 143:8 KJV

King David never stopped trusting in the Lord. That is profound to me, one with such a wee faith. I long to trust the Lord, but it's hard work. I've never stopped trying, but it's still hard work.

I also found more in this first part: Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning;

I can not count the mornings after Joshua's suicide when I woke, feeling a black hole in my heart. And a dull void in my brain. Even at the present, I know the trigger days when I wake and the blues will cloud my mind. Days like Joshua's birthday, death day, his favoritie holidays.

How about you? Do you ever feel as I do?

God bless you, dear reader, and this my prayer: Father God, please give those of us grieving parents Your strength to rise up and know that You are ready to meet us in the mornings. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Until next time . . . hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment