Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Psalm 18:30/He Is A Buckler






This picture is of me and two of my three goats. I am holding Pepper when she was a doeling.


Good morning, dear readers,

Remember King David is glad God had saved him from his enemies. Here's what he goes on to sing:

As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

I love this verse. I love how David shows us God's greatness, and the use of tried and buckler.

When David writes God is tried, it means true. Buckler means shield.

As we talk to Lord God, we are assured He is perfect, true and our shield. Test it and see if it's not so. We may go to God and ask Him to help us in our time of need and suffering. He will come. I know this to be true for myself. See? He is true!

As we begin 2013, I believe our lives will become more difficult economically. Most anyone will attest to this, but God's love can be a part of our lives if we but knock on His door.

He wants us to be his obedient children, but we must take that first step. Then, a second, and so on.

What better time to test God to see if He is real, than when we're down? I know He's proven Who He is more in my times of troubles than any other circumstance.

My prayer for us today:

Father God, thank You for showing Yourself bigger than death. Bigger than losses of all kinds. We need You, holy One. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Until next time . . . Knock and see how He answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment