Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Psalm 19:3/Speech Nor Language




        Joshua at age seven in his vest I had made for him for school pictures.


Good morning, dear readers,

King David is still proclaiming the attentive love of God:

There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

I considered those of us who stifle our grief. I think many of us do this in one form or another. My stifling came in bursts of "I must be strong for my husband, daughter, son, grandchildren."

Being strong wasn't always foremost in my heart, but often enough that it nearly destroyed me. I should have taken more time to allow the icky feelings to fall from my mouth and do my own healthy grieving.

I stuffed my emotions instead.

I'd like to look at this verse in relation to our false strength. I say false, because our meager attempt to be strong pales in comparison to when we lean on Lord God's strength.

There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

God will and does hear us in our deepest sorrows and highest joys. He wants us to come to Him daily, and in early grief, hourly, to gain strength from Him. He hears us! It doesn't matter if we are unable to speak, He hears our thoughts.

I substituted more than I should have other comforts, instead of going to God. I surely admit it. And in doing that, I failed to allow God to show me Himself, which then would have increased my faith. When our faith is increased, we have needed comfort and we then share what we learned with the world so they too can know more of God.

Even in all that, God saw fit to pluck me up and grow me spiritually. We did it the hard way, but He showed me, He is God and I am not!


Here is my prayer for us today:

We are grateful, Lord God, for all the mercies You have seen fit to give  to us. Thank You for using King David to show us Your ways, that they are not our ways, but Yours. In Jesus' holy name, I pray. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment