Saturday, January 26, 2013

Psalm 23:4/Valley of the Shadow




Joshua, age ten, when he experienced three years of good health in his short life



Good morning, dear readers,

I'm catching up after being away from my desk for a few days.

King David continues his famous Psalm chapter:

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

What does it mean for God's rod and staff to comfort us?

For the sheep herder, he used a staff to guide his sheep. God's guiding us is a comfort to us. We will stay in misery, until we yield ourselves to His perfect will for our lives. It's for our own good, but so often we are our own worse enemy.

Walking through the valley of the shadow can be applied to any situation that has us out of sorts, or any loss which includes death. A loss comes in many forms, and we can be torn apart by them. Death indeed is the harshest, but other losses like our health or a loved one's health can turn our world on its head.

A break in a close relationship is high on the sorrow scale, also.

I encourage all my readers to read God's Word daily to cope and therefore to grow closer to God. We can trust the Lord to teach us well.

The best versions of the Bible are: King James; American Standard; English Standard Version. The 1560 Geneva Bible is one of my favorites. If I doubt or don't understand the Bible version's verse, I go to the Geneva.

All other Bibles have too many problems, and I get this information from years of studies in Bible versions comparisons. But, please don't take my word for it. Search different Bibles and see for yourselves. You can get on e-Sword and compare all the Bible versions side by side. My husband uses this program often for personal studies and for the lessons he teaches.

My prayer for us today:

Lord, please help us to stay connected to You by reading Your Word. Thank You, Holy Father. In Jesus' name, I ask. Amen.

Until next time . . . Research for the best versions of the Bibles. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment