Thursday, January 17, 2013

Psalm 23:1/I Shall Not Want




Joshua in front, with some of his friends from The Crew



Good morning dear readers,

Here's the first verse of King David's famous chapter:

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

For years I didn't understand what shall not want meant.  I researched it and found it means: He is always available.

That is a most comforting thought, isn't it. No matter our troubles, God is ready, waiting, and willing to meet our needs. There is nothing on this earth that can do that for us and be a loving experience.

We can reach for the bottle, like I was tempted to do after my son died. We can lock ourselves away from the world, read dozens of books that help us not at all, we can bury our heads in the proverbial sand. It may makes us feel safe for the moment, but it can not give us the help and growth that only Lord God is able to give.

God is my shepherd. That means when we ask for help, He knows just what we need at that moment. He'll show us, if we but believe. He'll show us when we read His Word, when we pray, and through people He sends our way.

There is no better way to live, dear readers. I've tried or was tempted to try many wrong choices. They do not work.

Here is my prayer for us today:

Holy Father, we love that You have given us Your Word as a guide to our lives. We are grateful. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Until next time . . . Ask and you shall receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment