Friday, January 11, 2013

Psalm 22:1/My God, My God




Our family in 1984, Joshua, Jim, Jami, Jason and Jean


Good morning, dear readers,

King David says this:

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

How could King David say this to our Lord?

Move foreword many years after and this is what Jesus said, as he hung on the rugged tree,  And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, E-li, E-li, la-ma sa-bach-tha-ni? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? (Matthew 27:46 KJV)

Move two thousand years foreword from Jesus' time, and to March 16, 2004 at 11:35 a.m. and this is what I said, "No Lord, no Lord, why have you left us?" (minutes after Joshua shot himself)

Here are people that cried out to Lord God asking:

Why? 

Why? 

Why? 

I won't presume to understand completely what David and Jesus meant, but I know what I meant. Why did You not, the all powerful God, stop Joshua's death? You could have. If only You would have.

God's answer to me came over the months and years since that day.

God did not abandon us, anymore than he abandon King David who had to run from evil, from where his rightful crown waited for him. God did not abandon Jesus, who willingly died for the sins of the world.

There is evil in the world, dear readers, since Adam and Eve, there is evil, and God gives us free choice to believe in Him or not. King David, Jesus, you and me, we all suffered/suffer from this very fact. Innocent people are hurt by the evil.

But, wait! This is not the end of the stories.

In time, King David rejoiced of being saved from his enemies. Jesus is now making a place for those of us who accept Him as the Savior of the world. You and I can grow to love and cherish our Lord God, even in sorrow, and especially because of sorrow, to be with Him forever in Heaven. Study His Word, the Bible, and answers will come. See the blessings of people that God sends to minister to our needs.

My prayer for us today:

Dear Father, thank You for showing us in times past how David and Jesus felt, and how their lives played out because of their obedience. In Jesus' name, I am grateful. Amen.

Until next time . . . read the Word of God.


2 comments:

  1. I know this cry. I cried those words in the hospital floor on Nov 1st, the night my 15 yr old Hannah took her own life. I know HE was there all the time. I know God has a purpose to work good out of bad. I know that He loves us, and that while we long to be done with living here, I know He has work to do through our tragedy. We live in a culture of death, and God calls us to look to eternal life, paid for by Him being witness to the death of His own child, so that for us, death is not an end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am am sad to know that you experienced this cry. I am happy for your beliefs in our God. I will pray for you, mother of Hannah.

    ReplyDelete