Friday, January 18, 2013

Psalm 23:2/Green Pastures


Jason, Jami and Joshua Williams


Good morning, dear readers,

King David continues his now famous chapter:

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me beside the still waters.

When I was three months into my grieving over the loss of my son by suicide, I cried more than I did any other act. I couldn't sleep. I called out to God, asking for help.

My sister-in-law's name came to me, and I called her on the phone. I told her between sobs how exhausted and tired I grew from crying. How I missed Joshua so much I felt nauseated continually.

When I allowed her to speak, she spoke wise words. Something along the lines that I needed to take a break. That I should take daytime naps, while Jim was at work. Get some good books and read.

After I hung up with her, I realized, she had given me permission to rest awhile.

God made me lie down in soft green (the color of calm and soothing) pastures (my bed); he allowed me to read wholesome books (still waters in my brain), which I supplemented to my daily Bible studies.

What was odd, is that I didn't realize I had picked books which had a significant take away message. I reread all of Laura Ingalls Wilder's books. The characters had heartaches and struggles and fears, just like mine. Laura even lost a son, after she married Almanzo. I read those books through fresh eyes.

God is soooo good. Faithful. He heard my cry. He sent someone to help me, and she was the perfect fit for what I needed to hear. I love her all the more for her act of kindness.

Who does Lord God want you to call?

Here's a tip first. Always cry out to God before hand. Do not take this problem on yourself. Ask the all knowing Father and He will tell you who to contact.

Here's my prayer for us today:

Lord, please help us to rely upon Your Holy Spirit more and more. In Jesus' holy name, I ask. Amen.

Until next time . . . Ask and listen, then respond.


No comments:

Post a Comment