Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Psalm 18:2/My Rock




Mama Pepper with her buckling. Born last Saturday, he is so black you can just make out his figure laying in front of his mama. His head is below Pepper's muzzle and he's curled up, his hind end facing the camera.



Good morning, dear readers,

I've been away from my desk with good reason. We are proud farmers of a baby kid born on Saturday. The little buckling is black as night and full of energy.

New life! I can't say enough of how glad I feel we have our very first new baby on our farm. I feel blessed.

King David felt such relief and blessed, also. First, though, I'll give background from what my Bible heading says as to what happened to change David's mood.

Here's how the heading reads:

To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, the servant of the Lord, who spake unto the Lord the words of this song in the day that the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul: And he [David] said,

The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

King David thanked God by showing readers what God did for him all those months he was in hiding. David was witnessing to the world that Lord God helped him get through a tumultuous time in his life. His hours of sorrow were over.

Will we who have suffered a loss one day not feel sorrow? No, I don't believe so, but we can feel less sad in time and even praise God for being our rock and our fortress in our journey of loss.

Here is my prayer for us today:

Our Father, we are so blessed to read how King David praised You. His songs give us deep hope and lifts our sad hearts to a higher place of longing that comes from wanting more of You in our lives. In Jesus' holy name I thank you. Amen.

Until next time . . . Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment