Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Psalm 19:14/My Strength



Joshua age thirteen, the last year he played baseball. He was chosen as main pitcher.


Good morning, dear readers,

King David sings this:

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Isn't this what we really want? To please Lord God and make Him smile?

I forget that too often, and as I traveled down the exhausting road of loss daily, I grew sick and tired.

Tired of my life. Tired of tears. Tired of missing my son. My mouth spoke grumbling words. My heart turned wooden in my chest. I was not acceptable in the sight of the Lord, so He could not be my strength and my redeemer.

It was only when I grew sick of myself that God's love came into my soul, and I broke away from the chains that bound my spirit. The chains of self pity.

Ah, self pity. That is an Ouch! word isn't it?

I'm sorry to say self pity comes to many of us and it lived in me for months and months. That time was truly my darkest hours. I saw no hope. I felt no joy. I locked myself away from the world and my family, and sulked.

I shudder now, to think of that dark time. I thought I would drown in my own tears and I longed for my heart to stop beating.

What happened to me, you may wondering? My words and the meditation of my heart were not acceptable, and God could not be my strength and my redeemer. I wasted precious months in pitying my circumstances. I suppose it is a natural reaction, but that is a long road to lost when God's gifts to help us are ready and waiting for the taking in our time of need.

When I came to the end of myself, guess what I found? Jesus Christ. He had been with me all along, and I finally allowed Him to embrace me.

My prayer for us today:

Why do You loves us so? You are patient and loving, and we are children of misbehaving. Thank You, Lord, for watching over us even when we are lost. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Until next time . . . Seek Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment