Friday, January 4, 2013

Psalm 18:39/Girded Me With Strength




Joshua was allowed to wrestle in kindergarten, but not allowed to place in contests. He could have gone on to state championship, but it was against the rules because he was too young.


Good morning dear readers,

Boy! Having a new baby goat does take time away from my desk. His mother needs my attention as well.


King David goes into detail as to how God helped and blessed him:

For thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me.

It's no surprise that when a loved one dies, there are people that are not sure what to do with their feelings. They may make it harder on others by acting out in aggressive ways, and that makes an added burden to our grief.

I call it The Domino Effect.

These dear ones are not our enemies and we need to love them extra special. We would want that if the tables were turned, right? In our own grief, it's hard to help others when we feel as though we may drown. Where can we go for needed strength?

To the Lord. Of course.

God will gird, or add His strength, to us when we are in a battlefield of emotions. He's proven this to me hundreds of times in my life. This is how God gains my trust and my faith grows.

Just know, dear readers, that extra burdens happen to most of us after loss. You are not alone. Not only can God send someone to help, but best of all you have Lord God. He is bigger than the battle of loss, and He waits for your prayers of request.

Here is my prayer for us today:

Holy Father, help us to see the blessings You give to us. Help us to rely on You daily and not on our own selves. Help us to cry out to You. In Jesus' holy name. Amen.

Until next time . . . Allow God into your battlefield.


No comments:

Post a Comment