Monday, January 21, 2013

Psalm/He Restoreth My Soul





Joshua and his friend at the Senior Prom


Good morning, dear readers,


King David says this:

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

I love the part about restoring my soul, but wait, there's so much more to this.

Notice the first two blessings here end in for his name's sake. Have you ever truly thought how God blesses us, but it is for His glory. Not ours.

Our God is a jealous God. He wants ALL of us. Not parts. Not some. All! He expects submission, obedience, and devotion. It's not that He doesn't care about us, but don't misunderstand. God is NOT touchy feely as so many seem to believe. His unconditional love is without feeling. He says He'll do such and such. He does it. He promises eternal life for those who obey His Son's words. Period.

Now don't get in a worry over God not being touchy feely. I'd rather have Him this way. A Holy Being that does exactly what He sets out to accomplish. I can trust His ways. I can depend on Him. I know He'll never leave me. I could leave Him, but He cannot leave me.

God sends human (and animals, too) hands and feet to give us that loving feeling we so long to experience. The hugs. The one on one talks long into the night. Soft fur next to our cheeks.

Throughout the extended months after Joshua's death, I couldn't feel God. I'd see God caring for me through His workers here on earth. I read His Word, the Bible, and knew every word written was inspired by God.

We do have the Comforter, Holy Spirit, to give us personal attention. He guides us in unique-to-us choices, decisions, ways to consider a thing. Jesus said, "He [God] will give you another comforter." (John 14:16) He spoke these words to his disciples before He went into heaven.

Just remember: God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit, they all work as One.

Here's my prayer for us today:

Father, show us more about Your name's sake. Help us to desire to dig deeper in Your holy Word to learn what it is You want for each of us. In Jesus' holy name. Amen.

Until next time . . . remember to serve Lord God.



No comments:

Post a Comment