Monday, January 14, 2013

Psalm 22:14/I Am Poured Out Like Water




Joshua age eight Christmas at Grandma and Grand's


Hello dear readers.

King David writes a most interesting verse:

I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

Now, I'm not saying we know how this feels, because this sounds awful. I am saying though that my body and my heart felt disconnected when Joshua died. The way he died made it much worse, and us holding him when we found him. That makes feeling I am poured out like water, pretty close to how we felt.

Your mind buzzes in total chaos. Your heart does feel like it's melting like hot wax. How? Why? Where is God? Those are the thoughts that chased us for months.

And here's something that has finally made sense to me. Even though I've never doubted He was near, I thought my grieving was so loud that it blocked out God. There was no peace!

What if when God felt furthest from me, He was actually the closest?

What if He acted upon our emergency and sent people? He knew we needed hands and feet to do His work. And fast! We had dozens and dozens of hands and feet carrying us through, helping us get along those first few weeks. Guiding us. Loving us. Holding us. Talking to us.

See? God sent us love in human form. Even though folks started going about their own daily lives, God still sent a person here, a lot of strangers there. New friendships formed. All along, these people did God's will to help carry us in our sad and broken lives.

I challenge you, to think back now. Did what happen to us, with all the people help, could that have happened to you?

Please leave a comment and share your thoughts.

My prayer for us today:

Lord God, finally after almost nine years, I've had a huge breakthrough about where You were in our early grieving years. Thank You for helping me to see the God You are! Please help others, too, see You at work on this earth. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Until next time . . . Trust God.

No comments:

Post a Comment