Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Psalm 22:24/When He Cried Unto Him, He Heard




Joshua age eight, second grade


Good morning, dear readers,

King David says this about our grief:

For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from  him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

Guys, on further research, I discovered that David is prophesying about what was to come of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. God did not despise nor abhorr (be disgusted) Jesus as He hung on that cross and took upon himself the sins of the world. When Jesus cried unto God, the holy Father heard His Son's cries.

God can do no less for His children upon the earth. He just can't. When we cry out to Him, rest assured, He hears. This proves my last post even more that when I was at my most lowest, God heard me. He attended to my needs. He has sent angels, people, and animals to comfort me in my losses. (Yes, animals. When my baby brother Eric died, I talked over the fence to a kind and listening ear of Bubba the donkey.)

God can do no less for you. He will listen to you, also, and there is a but. You must reach out your broken heart and ask.

That's it. Ask.

Can we do it?

Yes, my friends, we can and we must.

Here is my prayer for us today:

Father God, you never, ever cease to amaze us. We need You, whether or not we know it. Thank You, once again, for shedding a brighter light upon Your wonders and how You work. In Jesus' holy name, we are grateful. Amen.

Until next time . . . Cry unto the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment